Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ever since I was a kid my parents were always brutally honest with me, even if I did not want them to be. They also never seemed to have a problem punishing me for something I did, but I know that they hated it as much as me. They have never stopped doing these things even to this day I still get punished and they are still brutally honest.
It was Sunday afternoon and I was in another baseball tournament at Washington High School. This was by far the worst day of baseball I have ever played in my entire life. After I practically lost the game for I went and talked to my dad about it. When we talked he just looked at me and said “Well you sucked today.” Obviously that is not what I wanted to hear especially from your parent, but it’s what I needed to hear. The lesson I learned from my parents is to be hard on the ones you love in life.

5 comments:

  1. Refreshingly realistic. My father coached me in basketball as a child. Luckily, we both realized that sports would never be my calling, but he was still tough on me, but we have both accepted that what I'm doing now is a lot more productive then what had happened had I continued sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger so your parents honesty is mostly what makes you the hard worker you are today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people can't handle the truth and thats why we dont hear it as much as we need to. It really does just make us stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why its better to ask your parents what they think rather than your friends. Some friends tell you what you want to hear rather than what you should hear,because they don't want to upset you. Parents could care less if they hurt your feelings, long as you learned something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does that mean you love all of the people whos blogs you comment on? >:D

    ReplyDelete